For the second week in a row, this column has been a Win! Ryan Murphy, you sly dog, you’ve done well. But don’t drop the ball because one epic fail and these posts will quickly be turned back to Woes.
Season 2 Episode 13: Comeback
Things that need to come back more often:
- RENT! Finally, Glee does Rent! Sure I would have preferred “Take Me or Leave Me” as a Brittana duet, but no one could do Idina better than Rachel. Funny that her fictional mother actually is Idina.
- The real Rachel Berry is back! Not only is she trying to focus on having the club win, she’s trying to be a style icon.
- Brittany is a genius for stealing Rachel’s ideas and claiming them as her own. “Out of that Cheerios uniform she’s a fashion institute.” Don’t ever confuse her for an infant again.
- Quinn got what she deserved. Seriously, it might have taken Santana to wake Sam up but she couldn’t have her cake and eat it too.
- Lauren picturing everyone in their underwear turned cliché into hilarity! Sue as a dominatrix while Finn in Power Rangers, compared to the ab-tastic Mike and Sam.
- Santana stayed true to form by keeping it real and telling Sam how it is. God, this continuity thing feels so foreign in Glee world!
- Will and Sue’s trip the children’s hospital was so heartwarming. It was great to see the softer side of Sue again.
- As much as it pains me to say it, the Bieber-ness was tolerable and actually important to the plotline. The girls acting all crazy and Sue saying “I’ve gotta get that girl on my Cheerios” was just the amount of snarky sarcasm to balance the Bieb. Great!
- Finn is shown as a real tool; which is exactly what he has become. He’s desperate to get Quinn so he joins the Bieber experience. Lame! Drop your cocky swagger boy.
- The promo for next week! The Rachel Berry House Party Trainwreck Extravaganza! Spin the bottle! Rachel kissing Blaine! Brittany striptease! That plus Brittany doing Ke$ha is continuity and perfection my friends.
What never should come back:
- Samtana. We know this is just going to be used for plot development but still doesn’t mean I have to like it!
- Barfie. I will say it every week until episode 15. Even having minor interaction is too much for me.
On that terrifying note, watch the promo for next week’s episode: “Blame It On The Alcohol”